Best Bar None Toronto winners
TORONTO — On July 9, Real Sports Bar & Grill, Turf Lounge and Fionn MacCools on Front Street were recognized as the best among bars, restaurants and clubs when it comes to implementing the highest standards for the responsible sales and service of alcohol in Toronto’s downtown core.
The establishments were selected by a judging panel comprising Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD Canada), the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO), and Best Bar None (BBN) Ontario, an industry-led international accreditation and awards program that rewards responsible liquor sales licensees.
- There are eight winners of the third annual Best Bar None Awards in Toronto:
- Best Bar/Lounge: Real Sports Bar & Grill
- Best Members Club: The Spoke Club
- Best Restaurant: Turf Lounge
- Best Hotel: Hyatt Regency Toronto on King
- Best Club: Crocodile Rock
- Best Venue: Air Canada Centre
- Best Pub: Fionn MacCool’s (Front Street)
- People’s Choice: Real Sports Bar & Grill
“All the winners have set high standards and serve liquor responsibly in order to reduce the potential for alcohol-related issues. By developing positive relationships with neighbours, patrons, the city, law enforcement and industry partners, the winners are helping make the community safer and the experience for patrons more enjoyable,” said Tony Elenis, the president and chief executive officer of the Ontario Restaurant, Hotel and Motel Association, which leads BBN Ontario.
Best Bar None originated in 2003 in Manchester, U.K. In the U.K. and in Alberta, BBN programs have been credited with increasing levels of public safety and reducing crime in downtown entertainment districts.